Subject: Re: B5 battle scenes!!
From: Daniel Dugour <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 06:15:55 -0700

At 11:37 8-04-96 -0400, Nige wrote:
>What is the animation like compared to Babylon 5. I've heard S:A&B has a
budget of 2 
>million an episode. Man it better be good.
>
>Nige
>
It has been showing here for quite a while, and I personally like it, but I
prefer B5. The design in S:A&B is very militaristic; i.e. everything is
grey, with some yellow-black stripes. That is something I like better about
B5: thye colors!

I do think B5 is superior, in both the animation and the story, but that
certainly doesn't keep me from watching every episode of S:A&B! I do like
the design of the Hammerheads (the one (sometimes 2) man fighters) and the
Chiggie von Richthofen ship was also very nicely textured.

As far as the story is concerned, it is much more soap than B5, with more
personal stuff and less overall development of the situation. Also some
logic is missing (gravity never seems to turn off, even when floating in
space without any power left), but it isn't too noticeable.

Overall I think S:A&B is very nicely modelled, textured and above all
lighted! I'm not too wild about the animation. It involves mostly flying
spaceships. (But how about the brainsucking alien monster in B5? It was great!)

Enjoy it!

Daniel Dugour, AniTime 3D Computer Animation
Bilderdijkstraat 181-3a
NL-1053 KR AMSTERDAM
The Netherlands
Phone/Fax: +31-20-6836059
eMail: [email-masked]